Friday, September 30, 2005

A good night

So here I am sitting in my bed with nothing but a big old grin on my face. tonight was a night of learning how to deal with what I don't have and also seeing that it is out there for me.

I went to Courthouse Coffee with Eric and his girlfriend Mel. She was very nice, but I have to admit that she seems to remind me a whole lot of myself on many levels. We talked about everything, school, work, religion, church politics, and just about anything else that we could come up with.

I drank coffee and wasted a Friday night just like the way things used to be and it felt wonderful. I know that there are times that I feel like I don't have anything to lay claim to but in reality I do. I have great friends like Eric who aren't going anywhere no matter what I do or how stupid it may seem. I am in a relationship that has some serious potential but I am also willing to admit that it may not work and if it does it will be because we have put so much work into it.

My new job isn't bad, however, it isn't what I want to do and I wish I could get a place in Fort Wayne where I could live comfortably and be happy and most importantly away from my mother but so far no luck on that front. I know that these things will come but right now they seem so far away.

Well all I need to sleep a bit.

No comments: