Friday, August 10, 2007

A week of Change

This week is a rough one for me. Job uncertainty and a shift if goals has made it very difficult to deal with. No matter the circumstances there is always a way to get through it but it still hurts.

I am not starting to look for jobs in Fort Wayne again so that I can be closer to Rob and start working toward setting an official date and all of that good stuff. The next few weeks will be a test of strength for me. It will at least 3 weeks before I see Rob again and as we grow closer the longer and longer gaps seem to hurt more and more. I am not one of those girls who needs a man to complete me but it just seems that is exactly what Rob is doing. Wow how much can change in a year.

A year ago I was unsure if I even wanted to consider a long term relationship all that happens is heartbreak and anger, at least in all the ones I have been in. Then I realized they were unhealthy because I let them be that way and now that I am more secure in who I am and where I may or may not be headed and I await the ride.

This week I will go shopping for bridesmaid dresses for my cousin, Staci's wedding and prepare for changes in her life over the next year, especially the next six months. I am so excited for her it will be a blast.

Saturday is Eric and Mel's wedding if I can find the place. Thanks for the great directions guys really, but I can get lost with the best maps so it will be an adventure just getting there. I am excited for them even though it makes Eric my first close high school friend to make the leap into married life. This just shows that life is changes and the world is different for all of us, thank the Lord.

Change is a good thing no matter how much we don't want it sometimes. To be honest the job thing scares me half to death but it will be okay and I am ready for the journey of looking again. This time I won't quit until I have another one though.

No comments: