Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Off to the Races Again

Where to go next…

Life has this funny way of kicking you in the butt when you think you are finally starting to pull things together. It is amazing how every now and then God has to remind you that He is in charge even when you are out doing whatever it is you will do.

Today the news that we have been somewhat optimistic wouldn’t come. The place I work at is planning an unplanned shut down for two weeks and although I may get to come to work for part of those two weeks the long term viability is not very good overall for my career.

There are those who know that I am looking for a new job, but even that is hard for me. I have never been one to job hop. I worked at Marsh for nearly eight years and rode it out through the bankruptcy and everything. Then one day over a year ago I decided that it was time to go and I did. There were days that I regret that but as I get closer and closer to the holiday season I am glad I made the choice I did. I get to go to family functions and eat at a normal time. I can join the Christmas crowds at the mall if I so choose. It has been a very welcome change of pace.

But now it is looking like my job is in jeopardy and now I start looking for a new job and that is very difficult for me to do. The last job search did not go well, but did end will. It was that period of no knowing what on earth to do or where to go and live. This is still a part of me that wants to go to Salt Lake City and I love it there and I could be happy there. Do I want to move there and risk ending a 4 year relationship with a man that I could very easily see myself spending the rest of my life with?

Life is all about the different steps you take and the path that you use to get there. We all have our own paths although the goal is generally the same we want to end up in Heaven when our journey down this path comes to an end.

On that note, I would be wrong not to mention that just over a week ago my roommate from my freshman year of college at Taylor University Fort Wayne, Katie Broecker, passed away in Haiti where she was on the missions field. It has been a long time since Katie and lived together almost 6 years but the memories are good and the time was fun. Packing all of our stuff into the little room they referred to as our dorm room. We moved in both enrolling late we ended up across the hall from the laundry room, which for me at least ended up working out quite well.

We will miss you Katie but someday we will see you again.

No comments: