Monday, March 07, 2005

A bit of a Catch up post

Let me give you a brief run down of the last few days. Saturday was a day of traveling and it was nice to sit and think about what all is going on in my life. For those of you who don't know, I came to Utah on Saturday for a vacation but I have decided to turn down the job that I have here. I am going to push my dream of moving away off for a while, which will come as a shock to many of you who read this.

So Saturday I flew and sat in airports all day and landed in Salt Lake City at about 11 pm local time (1 am at home), then came straight to the hotel to get some sleep but not before stopping to pick up the rental car. The car that I had reserved wasn't at the airport which posed a problem since I just wanted to get some sleep and needed a car to get to the hotel. Once it was all said and done I am driving the nicest car I have ever been in this week. It is a 2005 Volvo with all the bells are whistles.

Sunday I spent the day running around. I went to a wonderful church here that I can very easily see myself being a part of in the future, just not quite yet. The drove the 60 miles from Salt Lake to Spanish Fork Utah and ate dinner with the wonderful Preston family. Alan is in my class and I met him when I was out here last time and we had a good time them but Sunday it was wonderful. We ate dinner as a family, well their family, plus sons girlfriends, and me but still. If you set aside holidays I honestly can't remember the last time that my family sat down and ate together. After dinner they thought me how to play this card game called pounce that was so much fun and I actually wasn't as bad at it as I thought I would be, I even won one round which really surprised me and then I couldn't remember what I needed to yell once I went out but then they got it that I was out. Then we played some word games that Alan and I won at both rounds. I met Heidi who I have talked to several times and she is even more wonderful than I thought she would be. We sat around and talked for a while then Heidi headed back to school about an hour north of Salt Lake. I stayed and talked for a while then their whole family kneeled to pray together which was something that was very different for me. It was very powerful to kneel with an entire family and pray before the youngest ones went off to bed. I have never been so touched in my life.

Today was a good day. I went skiing and then did some other running around here in the city and now I am back at the hotel working my way through the school work that I know need to get done. I have cried today and felt emotions that I haven't felt in years including knowing that I will be okay.

There is so much that I have to explain to so many people when I get home and it won't be easy. The beginning of this post will come as a shock to many and I promise that I am not giving up on my dream, I am simply reorganizing some of my thought process. I am taking time to regroup and reprioritize and when it is time to deal with all of the back lash that will come from the choice that I have made then I will. As for right now I am going to sleep. Have a great day everyone.

No comments: