Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Question

While having a fairly light hearted conversation with a guy that I am very interested in he posed a very interesting question:

Where were you 11 years ago?

First of all this question is important because of our difference in age and that is when he married his first wife. This caused me to think...Where was I 11 years ago.

--I was in the 6th grade and all of 12 years old...Wow how times have changed.
--There were several ways to describe me back then including but not limited to shy, quiet, impersonal, distant, secluded, shady, geek (of the bad variety), and uninformed.
--I was about 5'4" and not much taller than that
--I had just started middle school in a new building which were to be proud of the fact we would be the first class to go all the way through our grade school career's in three different buildings.
--The year was 1994, my parents marriage was on the rocks yet again.
--I had no idea what the future held (strange some things never change)
--I would hurt myself on purpose to try not to feel the emotional pain of what all was going on around me.

Wow 11 years is a long time yet in some ways I guess I am still living the 6th grade. Boys still frustrate me, the future still scares me, and for the most part I am still a geek.

No comments: