Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas #24

This was my 24th Christmas ever. It is hard to think that I am 23 now and have been around for so long.

Christmas Eve was spent with my dads parents which I always a rough experience for me because we have so many different points of view when it comes to life and how it should be lived. We left their house after 1130 and they are now headed back to their home in Florida which they are really looking forward to because of the recent wave of less than desirable temperatures and snow here. I can tell that I have gotten older because now I want practical gifts over things that would be more 'fun.' Can opener, mixer, toaster and other misc. Kitchen supplies were the majority of my gifts from them. I also got a couple of DVD's that I had requested which will be nice when I have free time again.

Christmas day was good, I slept and opened gifts at home which I had purchased all of myself except one so it was nice to have one gift that I didn't know that I had. Then the day at my mom's parents where I got gift cards, luggage set and crock pot, all things that are practical as well. I got to spend quite a bit of time with my cousin Lexy, which I loved and she makes me smile. She doesn't want me to leave which doesn't make make it any easier for me.

For the next few days I will be at my aunt and uncles house babysitting their dog, Misty. It will be a nice break from all the crap.

No comments: