Thursday, January 20, 2005

Changes of plans

As it snows more and more, I am stuck here in Indiana which is not where I had planned on being to say the least. I expected to well on my way to a place where it is warmer and my old friends are close at hand, yet here I sit in my mom's kitchen on my computer completely ticked off about the whole situation.

These last few days have been difficult to say the least. Between poor decision making on my part, feeling abandoned by friends, and needing that relationship to get started it has been a bit bumpy. So now I have a 4 day weekend to waist and I plan on doing just that. I plan on sleeping in to late and not caring, I plan on eating junk food and not worry about calories, and most importantly I plan to take some time just for me to work on putting into order some of the issues that I have on my heart.

Today I read a blog about taking things too personally when it comes to friendships and such. I do take it personally that Bryan won't listen to me and think about what he is doing to his life while attempting to spend it with a girl who is out to break his heart. I do take it personally that he isn't willing to think that the pain I feel is justified and understandable. I do take it personally that Eric isn't willing to consider something that is right in front of him. I do take it personally that he is so sure his parents wouldn't accept a girl because of the way she looks, it does hurt. And more importantly I take it personally when members of my own family are set that the choices that I am making in my own life are the wrong ones and aren't willing to take the time to listen to what I have to say and why I am choosing the things that I am choosing.

So tomorrow I will take a walk in the snow and think. Then I will sit around and think about what it was that I took time to walk and think about. This will still be the long weekend that I was so looking forward to, the problem is it simply won't be in the same location that I wanted it to be in. Oh well such is life.

No comments: