Sunday, January 23, 2005

Wow

Today in church it was awesome even though I didn't really move or respond a whole lot I loved what Pastor Cox had to say about thing that are going on. He spent most of the night talking about commitment and how families teach their children to hold things such as the church as important things in their lives. If a mother and a father are not willing to pray with their child or are not willing to seek help when it is needed then the children will now learn these things either and eventually they will not have these values themselves and will struggle to find their place when they are on their own. I know that I just did the message no justice whatsoever but trust me it was good.

It really gave me some things to think about and pray about and really start to define some of my own limits. This is going to be a real task over the next few months because I don't know where for sure I am going to draw them. Transition is a difficult place to be to say the least and I know that the next little while I will defining my commitment more and more.

Eric wrote some very interesting stuff today that I really appreciated and was right up my alley as far as things I need to hear. He is changing with everyday of school and I love how honest he can be about the things that he is dealing with. It is amazing how even though I have known him since I was 12 and he was 11 we are in such a difficult place in both out lives for two different reasons. I want nothing more than to be completely honest with him about everything yet I really can't not right now because of where I am really sitting spiritually and emotionally. He has been there through so much but this one time I need to deal with this all alone then go to him and tell him how I feel. I don't want to live in the past and I have no intention of doing so which I think is why I found his writing so pivotal today.

Today was a good day and tomorrow will be better. Back to school on Thursday but you win some you loose some, and in all honesty accounting can't be as bad as econ.

No comments: