Saturday, February 05, 2005

Where to go from here

The last few days have not been pleasant for me. A couple of days ago I had a long conversation with my cousin that gave me some stuff to think about even if I wasn't listening to her at the time in question (see Staci I do listen from time to time). I even saved the conversation for reference later because I knew that she really believed what she was saying even if I wasn't willing to listen to her at the time. Here are a few quotes...

Julia says:

I just feel so alone and I don't mean in a relationship sense...Sarah is getting married and has moved away, elaina is getting married and has moved away, eric is gone because I, for the first time really reached and put everything i had on the line,

Julia says:

bryan is getting married, it is just hard to be the last one at everything and right now that is exactly what i am

Staci says:

I know it's hard to see...but maybe God's trying to get you to truly fall in love with Him first before he brings things that could take your heart also...and the only way you may see it is if He strips everything else away for a while

Staci says:

I speak those words from experience

Julia says:

staci, i don't want to see it

Julia says:

im not jumping into a relationship, let me make that clear, but i don't want to be alone any more, i know god is there but that's not what i mean, i just want someone to give a crap about me

Staci says:

there are many people who do give a crap about you...look at the people who have stuck with you through high and low times. I know you don't want to see it, and I can't make you...you have to do it on your own...

Staci says:

and I know you may not want to hear the "God junk" and I understand that...but I really believe everything we go through is for the purpose of drawing us closer to God...and the fact you are feeling so alone and like no one gives a crap...well maybe God sees something in your heart reflecting those emotions between you and him.

This was just a piece of what we said to one another. There are so many ways that my mind has been going over the last few weeks that this is just the beginning. As for where to go from here, I think it would be best to sit back an look at some of this objectively.

No comments: