Friday, September 03, 2004

Comfort

Being comfortable is something that we all wish to possess in our lives but often struggle to find even in the places where we should be the most comfortable of all. I think about the countless sermons I have heard about reaching outside of our comfort zones and reaching outside our limits to reach those who are lost but if you really think it about it, it is one of those things that is easier said than done.

There are many things that I feel I'm comfortable about but with a small amount of thought I am quick to realize that this may simply be not true. I'm comfortable with my family, no not really. I am always trying to strive to be something more and reach new levels to prove things to them that they never thought I was able or capable of doing. I'm comfortable with my faith, on most days yes, until you stand in a room and are being grilled over what you believe and why then the real questions start to strive in your mind. My job, after six years one would assume that comfort is the one thing it has to offer me and that is not true, boredom and frustration are mostly what come from it.

Then there are my friends, the ones that I should be able to expose myself to and feel good about what it happening when I am around them but this is often not the case. There are some friends that I a can be completely honest with and express myself to but then there are those that this is simply not the case. I am then forced to question their effectiveness in my life and there purpose for being there. I am a purpose person and have to have reasons for everything. I keep this blog to share my feelings and random thoughts with others. I live it at home because I have to, perhaps this isn't a reason but it is close enough for me. I went back to school to prove that I could, and now it is to further myself.

So what is it to be comfortable? It is hard to say but I think it is what we all strive for.

No comments: