Thursday, September 02, 2004

Faith

So its 12:03 am do you know where your children are. Well I don't so what are you to do. I am forced to think of all of the things I'm giving up. Faith is easy to talk about and harder to live out. There are so many things that would be so much easier if I could be in charge of it all and not have to rely on God. I simply can't imagine living without faith. Walking in a cold dark world where there is no hope and you feel that you are all alone.

There are many times where I feel like I am alone and there is no one out there who wants to guide me and help me through the issue that we so often refer to as life. Life for me is a series of ups and downs and the goal then becomes to keep the ups and the downs as close together as to not make them appear so extreme.

Faith, evidence of things not seen, easier said than done. As I sit and type I think of all of the little things that I wish I completely understood and then realize that faith is the best way to let things run. There are many cliches that go with faith including the phrase put some feet on your faith. That is in fact what I am preparing to do, put feet on my faith. Moving away from everything and letting go of everything here, is more of a leap of faith off of a cliff.

As I dive head first into the unknown and bundle and mail my resumes to an unknown city, I am reminded of the song Go west young man. Granted I am a women but the affect is still the same. I am headed into a huge world of unknowns and still possess a strange peace about it all. So again I jump off this cliff and head out into the world. Thank God for faith and little healthy nerves to go with it.

No comments: