Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Mountain Ranges

During this past weekend I got to spend some of the time walking alone and staring into the mountain ranges. It isn't until you are standing at the base of a mountain looking up at the massive structures that God Himself created. It is powerful to think that with God on your side you can say to that mountain be thou moved and it will. I sat and stared up the at the beauty of mountains I was also creating analogies for myself about these massive structures.

My heart is like a mountain, there are many layers and years worth of wear and tare on it. When I feel my best and want to take on on the world I roll back down the mountain to a point of pain and sadness.

There are thousands of steps to the top of any mountain and someone will be the first to climb it and as for my mountain I will be the first one to climb it, and it will my steps that get me there.

The aw inspiring beauty of the mountains left me speechless which for me is a rarity and it happened twice this weekend while I was away. Once because of sheer beauty and once of embarrassment and fear. To have so many different emotions is something that I am not used to.

So I'm off again on another whirlwind adventure. It is time to lay my heart out on the line and face the fact that I may very well be shut down before it is all said and done. Look out world here I come.

No comments: