Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Its here

Today is one of those days, yes I realize it is only 12:04am but it happens all every year right around now.

September 21st has so many different places in my heart and holds the keys to so many secret rooms that I have worked so hard to keep to myself.

Today is the day I got saved, made that commitment and got ready to take a path different than that of any of my other family members. I wanted to change my life even at the age of 16 knowing that the path that I was headed down was one of destruction and heartache, not that there haven't been some of those things along the way but it has been so much easier to deal with. A bit of faith, even that of a mustard seed, will allow you to grow.

Today is also the day that everything I knew came to a screeching halt and for a split second the world quit spinning. My dad died today and everything changed forever, and in many ways it is a good thing but there are several other ways that it was very bad. My brother was so young that he didn't get a chance to really know his father, and I needed someone around to keep the rest of my family sane. However, I got to go to college and do things that would have never been an option if the accident hadn't happened.

Tonight I had a really good talk with a man named Alan, that I have never actually met. He lives in Salt Lake City and I may meet him this weekend sometime, but I am still not sure if I will be able to pull it off. He is a student in my class for those of you who think I am crazy enough to meet a stranger off the internet.

A friend has been on my mind lately, more so than normal and I hope that he is okay, I haven't heard from him in quite a while. He popped into my head the other day, Sunday to be exact, as I drove through the town where I know that he was scheduled to preach on that day. I didn't however remember that Sunday was the day that the service was scheduled, I just knew it was where he spent his Sundays. I don't know, I really hope he is doing well.

I leave for Salt Lake on Thursday, its gone be a long weekend but I am excited.

No comments: