Monday, September 13, 2004

On The Road Again

This weekend was long to say the least.

I traveled all day Friday which makes for a long weekend from the start. I went to Rising Fawn, GA, and that is no typo that is the name of the town where Randy and Elaina will live once they are married. I went to Randy's home church which was wonderful and made me feel better about the fact that my best friend was about to move so far away from home. The services were wonderful and the music was great, Randy is the music minister there.

Friday was pretty limited to driving there and getting some sleep before Saturday.

Saturday we went into Chattanooga, TN, which is only about 25 miles away and walked a couple of malls where I managed to embarrass myself pretty well, by tripping on my way in and then again on the escalator, but it was really no big deal to me. Saturday night I went to the worst blind date ever. I am not saying that he was a bad guy because he wasn't but he simply wasn't my type of guy and it made things very awkward to say the least for my friends and for myself until the instant that the date came to and end. The guy they had set me up with wasn't able to form a conversation and simply made me feel horrible. He has a child which I knew about prior to the blind date, at least they did warn me about that, but outside of that he had nothing. No car, phone, or anything that a 34 year-old with a child should have, especially living in the mountains of TN.

Sunday was some great church and we spent the entire day in Fort Ogalthorpe, GA at the church. I got to sing with their musicians and learn some fun new songs to bring back to Indiana, even though they will have to be taught without the help of my trusty best friend Elaina. That was what a lot of this weekend was about. Getting ready to accept the fact that my best friend is leaving and there is nothing that I can do about it at all. She will be completely moved on Oct. 3 and until then we simply have to live like everything is going to be okay and there is nothing for me to be sad over. I will miss her. If it weren't for the fact that I am planning on leaving I don't think I would be this upset over it all. I kinda thought that she would be here when I would come home to see people then I could see her too, now she will be about 10 hours away from the place that I call home, because that is what it will be no matter what I decided to do about leaving here.

Today, Monday, was a long day of driving. It took longer coming home because we made quite a few stops and a couple of really long ones. We stopped to see Randy's cousins in Louisville, and then in Marion to see my great grandma, who God love her is crazy but I at least I stopped and it was okay. We had a short conversation but I think she was glad to see me at least and now she has met one of my friends.

So in closing, this weekend was good but very tiring and now I'm thinking I need to sleep.

No comments: