Thursday, September 09, 2004

Didn't even know it

So I woke up this morning and started doing laundry for the trip to TN which is now just over 24 hours away and it hit me. I've gotten old even before this last week.

There are few things that really have changed in my life. After arriving home late last night I went to be excited that I got to sleep in this morning but only until 8:30 which is nice but there was a time that I felt getting up then was way to early and completely unreasonable. So when it comes to sleep patterns then yes I am getting older. I see how by the time I finish my career I will be just like my grandparents and be getting out of bed at 4 or 5 in the morning to start the day. Today I woke up at 7:30 and wasn't tired so my sleeping in was limited to only an extra 30 minutes but it was nice to get some extra sleep.

Dishes, as a teenager I didn't really care how the dishes got done either I just wanted some clean when I was ready to go to dinner. Now I load the dishwasher without even thinking about it and never even consider it a chore anymore. There are still some kitchen chores that I don't like but I know that they have to be done so I don't fight then like I once did.

So I don't really think I am old I simply that some things have taken on different roles in my life, just like that of some of my relationships that I am starting to build or rebuild if that be the case. Where did things start to change in my life? I don't really know but I do know that it is for the best and I like what I am seeing. There were so many areas that I really struggled with over the past few years but there are so many others where I was strong that it is clear that I shouldn't have been. So as I continue in this transition and I will simply hold on for the ride.

No comments: