Thursday, November 18, 2004

Ahhhh

There are moments that you have to stand before God and give small but simple accounts of what you are doing and how you are serving His purpose. They are not huge moments and no where as big 'the' day where we stand before Him and wait to hear 'well done thy good and faithful servant.'

I stood alone in a room and felt God very close to me. I knew that I needed to work through my own stuff for a bit and face everything one day at a time. I know that there are times when we can quickly forget that this journey is not all about us it is so much bigger. There are times that I want to be nothing more than selfish. I want things to work out perfectly and I want them to do so now, and strangely enough it doesn't happen, go figure.

There are many things that I thought I would have by now that I simply don't. I have heard several times that God gives you the desires of your heart yet the things I desire seem so far out of reach and there is no way that God is going to do them for me. That is something that is frustrating for me and it shouldn't be because I know that God will take care of things at that they will work out sooner or later.

I just need to go for a walk...I think I will. Sigh.

No comments: