Saturday, November 20, 2004

Left turn

You are walking along and then you decide to make a huge left turn. When you step out and take that turn you don't know for sure where you are headed but you are sure that it is exactly what is needed now more than ever. I know that there are times when seem to be talking out both sides of my mouth, and there are times that I in fact am but this is not one of those times.

I am ready to get this party started and I stood at work today just thinking because they put me on express, which I despise, and there didn't seem to be to many 'small' orders the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I am to move away and be happy and start on a clean slate and do this again with out my family being there all the time. After a long talk with one of my managers, Kyle Working, about what all this move will entail and some of the emotions that go with it. I know that it will be hard and I know that I will doubt, but it is a matter of self preservation.

I am thinking about what is to come and how it will seem when I finally get there. I know that there is a time and a place when it is appropriate to 'spread' my wings and leave this place. I also requested a promotion today which I wonder if I will even be given a chance for because I am not planning on staying in the area but I stepped out there and plead my case as to why I am the right person for the job and how much it would mean to me to have that much faith put into me.

This week was fairly uneventful. I attempted to order a bridesmaid dress for Elaina and Randy's wedding and still don't have the order placed, I hope I have time to get it ordered before the end of the month. The dresses are not bad looking and for anyone who has ever been in a wedding that is saying a whole lot. There is no need to have ugly dresses in the wedding although I have wore some. The strange thing is that I could see something similar in my wedding in the not so distant future if I ever get this pesky husband thing figured out. Sarah and Rob are planning a May wedding and the dresses for their wedding will be more money that was not in my yearly budget but it is okay because I am happy for them.

I am really starting to miss some of the friends who made my life what it is today. I miss Sarah, Elaina, Staci (http://staci_iwu.blogspot.com) (she is my cousin but more importantly she is my friend), Eric (www.ericbradley.com), Bethaney, Frieda, and so many others. I wish they were more available and I wish I was too because then I wouldn't feel so removed. Now my whole life revolves around paying bills and getting everything in order as adults do. No more simply hanging out and wasting time, because time has a new value once you go to school and then reenter or enter the work force. I miss the good old times but now they are just a distant memory of what has been and are no longer part of what is to come.

No comments: