Friday, November 19, 2004

Steps

Life is nothing more than managing to put one step in front of the last and so on. I have often struggled to do just that. Taking steps and being honest with myself is not something that I have ever been to great at no matter how hard I have tired.

I think we all hide things from ourselves because we don't want to deal with them no matter how small those things may very well be. I love details and what everything to work out smoothly and without a catch and as most very well know life very rarely works out that way. There is no way to keep everything in perfect order all the time and it drives me absolutely crazy which is a shorter trip for me than it is for many others.

I start my final leg of my journey here in Warsaw and I want all those little details to work out smoothly and perfectly. I know that there will be times that they won't and there will be times that I am so stressed out I will want nothing more than to stay here and not leave at all but I am ready for those days, I think. At last count 29 weeks and counting. That really isn't that long and I know it. There is so much that will go into the next six months and everything that needs to be done in the process. But as in life these are just small yet very simple steps that I am taking.

The up side to planning life one step at a time is that it is easier to change directions when you only looking at the next step. So here I go walking again and it will not be easy. I am reminded of a song that we sing in church every so often:

He never promised that the cross would not get heavy...

No comments: