Monday, November 01, 2004

Trip

So my trip...HMMMM....

We left Warsaw at 9:32 pm on Thursday night. And for those of you who read this, yes that was behind schedule. Arriving in Rising Fawn, GA at 6 am was nearly the highlight of my trip. Getting there and getting to sleep for a few precious hours before starting off on a whirlwind weekend.

Saturday was a church picnic with people that I didn't know, which made for some very interesting conversation. I was informed several times that it was clear that I was a Yankee and not from the south. I got several laughs over it all but because, in all honesty I wanted to be like, "who won the war, HMMMM, US." There for you shouldn't be mocking us because even though we won, we let you in the union and you get all the same freedoms that we do.

Sorry about the tangent there. We also ate at this place called Pork N' Loin that was really good. They had bbq baked potatoes. Sounds strange but tastes really good.

Sunday was church all day and then a long day of driving. I was nice to see old friends but the idea of driving so far is a bit mind boggling. There are so many times that I wanted to just give up on driving. Today I got to stop and see my cousin for a few minutes which was a welcome break from all of the driving. So as I do laundry and all of the school work that I am so far behind on, I will look back on this weekend and smile, but man am I tired.

No comments: