Thursday, October 21, 2004

As My World Turns

Do you ever feel like you are living in a soap opera? I honestly can say that the last few days have been that way. I keep waiting for the high tension moments to cut to commercial but as luck would have it I haven't gotten that break yet.

I was up most all night working on school work and haven't been quite this tired in some time but I got everything I needed to get done, done, I think? As I poured myself into bed at 412 this morning all I could think is that I had far to much to do today and that there was no way it was going to get done because I would be so tired. At 847 am my cell phone rang and of course I answered it and it was my associate pastor calling to tell me that I wouldn't have to teach the children's class tonight, although I was frustrated that he woke me up I was grateful because that took two things off the list for today. No lesson plans and no teaching time, plus no need to go get snacks after work. Just as I faded back to sleep my alarm clock when off...Time to go to work, This whole being an adult thing has its draw backs, including the fact they expect you to pay your bills and show up everyday.

Although I don't watch As The World Turns or All My Children (I love Days of Our Lives, and don't know why), I assume that all soap operas have the same basic plots. A good guy, a bad guy, teenagers, and children, love affairs, you know what I mean. Right now in my life I have good guys and bad guys. I have to deal with teenagers a lot at work that drive me crazy and I want to reenact one of the fight scenes where I get to choke the crap out of someone being selfish all in an attempt to make me feel better. Love affairs I've got under control, most of the time, currently having no love life seems to be working out well for me. Calling someone by the wrong name seems to bring a very quick end to those kinds of things. Opps...I really am sorry if you still read this.

Today I got a call from someone who was very happy and full of joy. My childhood best friend Sarah is getting married and it is strange to see this step taking affect in her life. I have known for quite some time that she and Rob would end up together and that eventually, assuming he would propose, she would say yes and their fairy tail would be off and running. So I returned her call while I was on my break at work, listened to her excitement and came home awaiting the proofs for the bridesmaid dresses. I got them and they don't look to bad, she loves us all enough to make sure that the color works for all our skin and hair colors, God love red hair, because not everything matches it.

I went to the doctor again today, oh boy what fun, and she swears that over the next couple of weeks I should start to feel better and not be sick all the time, I have my doubts to be real honest, since I have been this way for so long now. You know you go to the doctor's office too often when you walk in and they don't even make you sign in anymore and all the nurses can call you by name on sight. It can also prove embarrassing when standing in front of other patients who are clearly annoyed that the staff seems to be nicer to you than they are to them.

Tonight I have church, some time to sit and think and work through some of the nitty gritty details in my head. Midweek is a time to refresh and rethink for the weekend. There is something about getting a chance to regroup on Thursdays that I look forward to.

No comments: