Friday, October 15, 2004

Balancing check books and pure embarrassment

As I sat down to do something that I should a bit more often this morning I discovered what I have known for a very long time. I can't do math problems in my head. I have been balancing my check book with the old pen and paper routine but was quick to discover that my math was nothing if not wrong. But in some ways it was good because I did discover that I have more money in checking than I realized. Do you ever wonder how much we really have in our Spiritual check book. Or for that matter if we are ever over drawn when it comes to our spirituality. I think we can be on both accounts. At least for me.

I can often feel like I am empty and alone and that is strange and very frustrating. I know that God is with me and He will supply but often I feel like I have overdrawn on what is to be my portion of His blessings and grace. I want to know that God is able to forgive and more importantly forget that things that we have done against Him. Do we ever have a an overdraft charge. No He knows that we aren't perfect and died on the cross because of it. We all sin, fact, We all can have Grace and Mercy, fact, but first we have to ask for it, a slightly harder fact to swallow. So what do we do when we feel overdrawn spiritually, we charge more begging for more forgiveness and for mercy. Is this what He intended then I am good at it but I think that it isn't and it is how we choose to deal with it.

Last night was a strange night. Eric and talked for hours and it all started with a comment about speed bumps figure that out. Every so often he manages to embarrass me completely and he wasn't even with me this time when he did it. It was 130 in the morning and he said the most random thing ever. I won't repeat it but man I turned bright red who he did it. I just never thought he would say something like that but anyway. He got me and now it is in my court. Although we talked about a whole lot of other things that were important and I think I don't have a clue where he is coming from. So now what...Heck I don't know.

Did I mention that he is going to try to grow actually facial hair...It should be funnier than crap to witness if nothing else. Anyway I hope to see him once he gets home from his little camping adventure. The next few weeks will be interesting at best.

No comments: